A successful website doesn’t just look great.
It’s easy to maintain!
I build websites using the WordPress platform, an open-source Content Management System. It makes editing your website as easy as editing a Word document.
Creating a theme to match your provided design, something we call “Theme Conversion,” starts at $1,500. Most projects with custom plugin development, eCommerce integration, or membership management are in the $2,000-$5,000 range depending on complexity. This does not include the cost of hiring a designer.
Or you could start with something much more modest. You can choose any one of the 41 pre-built Genesis child themes and provide me with a list of modifications you’d like and the initial content you want displayed. This saves you from hiring a designer and is a good option if you know exactly what you want. Depending on the amount of content you have and modifications you need, prices can start as low as $500 for not for profit organizations.
Genesis Theme Framework
A theme framework is a tool for efficiently developing complex websites. Instead of re-inventing the wheel, a theme framework let’s you customize what’s unique (like the look and feel), while maintaining a clean, secure and well-built code base. This website is built upon the Genesis Framework and the Sleek Child Theme.
Here’s a few reasons why I use Genesis:
- Genesis is Search Engine Optimized: You want to make sure that you’re ranking well in the search engines so readers, customers, and clients can find you easily. Genesis’ clean, optimized code is important for achieving the best rankings possible.
- Genesis Offers Great-Looking Turn-key Designs: You want a sleek, professional design—without paying a fortune for it. The 41 Genesis turn-key child themes give you an array of beautiful frames for your content.
- Genesis Gives You State-of-the-Art Security: StudioPress, the Genesis developer, hired security expert and core WordPress developer Mark Jaquith to make sure the Genesis Framework has the best security possible.
- It’s Customizable: Genesis offers features to make it simple to set up your site exactly the way you want it. There isn’t a design yet that can’t be built with Genesis.
- The Code is Reusable: Since all the sites I build use the same codebase, I can leverage everything I’ve done for past clients on your project. See my blog for code examples.
Need some help learning your way around WordPress? WP101 video training is available on this website and is included at no extra cost when you purchase a website package from me. As soon as we go to contract, you’ll receive a user id and password to the training area and can access any or all of the 17 modules at your convenience—24/7 with lifetime updates as new versions of WordPress are released.
Have employees that need training? No problem! Everyone that works for you that will be responsible for maintaining the content once the site is live can access the training as part of your package.
Each child theme includes detailed instructions for managing its specifics. These instructions are found on the Appearance menu in the WordPress admin area.
My favorite affordable host is Hostek. Prices start as low as $5.00 per month for Linux hosting. Their servers are fast and they offer 24/7 support in case anything goes wrong. If you have a high traffic site and are worried about using a shared host, I still highly recommend Hostek for their dedicated or virtual private server hosting environments. They are, in my opinion, the best hosting option for WordPress.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate for Hostek, but unlike some, I only recommend services I’ve used and like. My personal websites have been hosted by them since 2003.