Telestream has hit a home run with the release of ScreenFlow 5.0, the newest version of their award-winning screencasting and video editing software for the Mac. ScreenFlow 5.0 is ideal for creating high-quality software demos, IOS app demos, polished video tutorials, in-depth video training and dynamic presentations. It is the perfect screen recording solution for Educators, Online Training, App Developers, Bloggers and Marketers.
A great product gets better
I've been using the previous version for quite some time, but this release adds features I'm really excited about, such as:
- iOS Recording
- Recording Preview
- Native support for MPEG Transport Stream/AVCHD
- Set recording frame rate
- Streamlined new actions
- Touch Callouts
- Rolling Edits
- Plus more….
- Direct access iPhoto and iTunes Library
- Improved media handling and organization
- SRT import
- Efficient batch export
- Publish to Wistia
- App Preview export option
- Save local copy
One of my favorite new features is IOS Recording. To record an IOS device, it must be tethered to your Mac via a Lightning cable and requires iOS 8 plus Yosemite. The YouTube video below is a capture of Angry Birds Transformers Jenga mode from an iPad Air 2.
Touch callouts can be added and configured through the new Touch Callout tab in the ScreenFlow inspector. Touch callouts work in a similar fashion to freehand callouts. The new touch callout actions include:
- Add Touch Callout Action
- Add IOS Touch: Swipe Left
- Add iPad: 4-Finger Swipe Right
- Add IOS Touch: Zoom In
- Add iPad: 4-Finger Swipe Left
- Add IOS Touch: Swipe Right
- Add IOS Touch: Single Tap
- Add IOS Touch: 90° Rotation
- Add IOS Touch: Zoom Out
- Intel-based Mac with 64-bit Processor – Core i3 recommended
- Mac OS X 10.9.5 and later
- Minimum 2 GB RAM
- 20 GB hard drive
- Quartz Extreme compatible graphics card and display required for preview
- Online Help browser requirements: Safari
In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a Telestream affiliate and receive a commission for ScreenFlow 5.0 sales made through my affiliate link. With that out of the way, I have to say that I only endorse products that I believe in and use myself. Please read my full Affiliate Marketing Disclosure for more details.
Regardless of the fact that I am a ScreenFlow 5.0 affiliate, this is a worthy product upgrade and I encourage you to take a serious look at it even if you've used a competing product in the past. You won't be disappointed!